Monday, November 23, 2009

A prayer for thanksgiving

"Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts."
Psalm 105:1-2

As we pause this Thanksgiving Day, will you join me remembering in songs of praise and words of thanksgiving the unconditional love and gracious bounty that our Almighty God, Creator and Sustainer of life, so richly gives us?

Now thank we all our God,
With hearts and hands and voices,
Who wondrous things has done,
In whom his world rejoices;
Who from our mothers' arms
Has blest us on our way
With countless gifts of love,
And still is ours today.

(Source: Now Thank We All Our God, Lutheran Worship, Concordia Publishing House)

LORD, as I sit down to a Thanksgiving table, I want to thank You for Your goodness to me. Thank You for meeting my needs every day--for food and shelter and clothing. And for the many extras You provide that I so often take for granted.

Thank You for family and friends who make my life complete. Thank You that even when we are miles apart, we are bound by the cords of Your love.

And I thank You that I live in a country where I am free to worship You and to read Your Word.

Most of all, I thank You for Your Son, Jesus Christ. Thank You that He not only died for my sins, but that He is alive today and at Your side hearing my prayers and preparing a home for me in Heaven.

Thank You that I can face tomorrow with hope because Jesus is living for me.

O, Lord, how truly rich I am! Thank You for all You mean to me. Amen.

Blessings, dear friend.
Faithfully Following

WPJ7NKMQKB3J

No comments:

Post a Comment